Set of 7 fine knives made in Italy. Box with seven essential knives for kitchen preparations:
- Chef's knife : knife with multiple uses, with this knife normally large you can cut all meats, but also cheeses and vegetables.
- Fish knife : flexible, very sharp, it is intended for cutting and preparing fish without breaking its very delicate fiber.
- Pesto knife : it is the best substitute for the mezzaluna, it is used to finely chop vegetables.
- Boning knife: sharp and stiff blade is used for boning and cleaning meat from inedible items.
- Vegetable cutter : smaller and similar to that for meats and cheeses, it is similar and mainly intended for vegetables and small cuts.
- Curved paring knife : without it you cannot peel, clean, engrave and scrape. Mainly intended for fruit and vegetables.
- Straight paring knife: it is a multi- purpose kitchen knife. Strictly with smooth blade and centered tip ideal for small cuts and indispensable for the preparation of meat and vegetable dishes as well as being perfect for peeling and peeling.
The blades are obtained by hot forging with a hammer, once the only way to guarantee a good cutting quality (the blows of the hammer break and order the molecules of the steel) today are very appreciated for their beautiful and elegant appearance. Made with a solid handle, i.e. the blade has the tang hidden inside the handle, they have the surface finish of the satin blade. Produced entirely by hand in small quantities. The heat treatment also includes sub-cooling at -80 ° C to ensure maximum cutting capacity and duration.
The versions with Plexiglas handles are suitable for dishwasher because all our Plexiglas handles are subjected to a special stabilization process that makes them suitable for the dishwasher. Produced with high quality cutting steel, they can be put in the dishwasher only in the Plexiglas handle version, but it is good to be informed about the possible consequences:
1. the dishwasher causes any object washed in it to age quickly.
2. the more quality cutting steels are, the less stainless they are.
3. the blades may be stained with small reddish spots or large bluish halos:
to. if left to drain or dry in the dishwasher
b. if left dirty for a long time after use
c. if the washing water is rich in iron
4. good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the secret to keeping your knives at their best.
5. Hand washing and immediate drying are MANDATORY for knives with handles in horn, wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with aggressive detergents or water at temperatures above 60 ° C.
- weight: 930 gr.
- stainless steel blade,
- handle: forged full cornotech