Artistic kitchen apron with bib in pure cotton handcrafted with colored motifs printed by hand, unique piece of quality made in Italy.
Since 1633 art, history, passion, tradition, manual skills animate the laboratory of hand prints on canvas (natural fabrics).
The articles made with our "spontaneous art fabrics" are unique and unrepeatable as they are the result of months of work.
The fabric was created as a coating on the workbench where the fabrics are printed by hand.
During the printing phases, the color is partially transferred also to this underlying fabric which, month after month, turns into an "involuntary" work of art but full of color and charm.
This form of "spontaneous art" is unpredictable; the final result is not the result of an initial project and is always differentfrom fabric to fabric allowing us to create exclusive and unique items of their kind.
Each edge, corner, of both sides of the articles made with this fabric, have different colors and facets with each other.
The realization phases are the following:
- Choice of fabric: the 100% natural fabrics used are selected after a careful evaluation, taking into consideration the quality and resistance over time even after numerous washes.
- Washing: the fabric is washed and dried naturally.
- Cut: the fabric is cut to size on the work bench.
- Manganatura: this phase is carried out with the mangano of 1633 in order to iron, compact and press the fabric, so that at the time of printing the color will be fully absorbed by the fabric.
- Color preparation: as per the recipe from the 1600s, the colors are produced manually using natural ingredients that give unique and vibrant hues, while guaranteeing optimal performance and maximum resistance.
- Hand print: This phase lasts for months. The fabric is placed on the workbench below the various articles that in months and months of work will alternate and be printed. The various colors and designs will be transferred "spontaneously" to this fabric due to the pressure of the wooden mold, and will overlap. The end result will be an explosion of unpredictable and unrepeatable colors and shades.
- Fixation of the color: After several months ... when the result has reached its maximum expression, the fixing of the color takes place. Another important phase to guarantee the durability of the color and maintain its brilliance over time.
- Ironing with the mangle: ironing of the fabric necessary for the preparation for the next phase, that of packaging and sewing.
- Packaging and Stitching: in this phase the various articles are created, sewn and packaged by hand.
- Last ironing with the mangle: the article is ready to be used.
The whole manufacturing process, being carried out as in 1633, is naturally low environmental impact, eco-sustainable, because energy consumption is reduced to a minimum.
Each creation is to be considered a true work of art, unique and unrepeatable in its kind.
Manual processing at all stages of production makes every single item unique and every small detail that might seem like an imperfection, shows that the work was performed by a master craftsman and not by a machine.
- Fabric: 100% cotton
- Dimensions: 95 x 70 cm
- Washing instructions: You can machine wash. The item will be shipped with detailed washing instructions.