Set of 6 smooth blade knives, high quality made in Italy article. Table knife: often the most neglected in the choice must be strictly smooth in order not to weaken the meat and not to squeeze the taste, as happens with serrated blades. To savor dishes in their full flavor, with a sweet and precise cut. You won't have to throw it away once it has lost its edge, as with serrated blades, which cannot be sharpened.
The blades are obtained by hot forging with a mallet, once the only way to guarantee a good cutting quality (the hammer blows break and order the molecules of the steel) today are highly appreciated for their beautiful and elegant appearance. Made with a full tang, i.e. the blade is a single piece that crosses the entire handle, they have the surface finish of the satin blade. Produced entirely by hand in small quantities and without division of labor, those who initiate them finish them: on each blade you will find the initials of the craftsman who made them. The heat treatment also includes sub-cooling at -80 ° C to ensure maximum cutting capacity and duration.
The versions with Plexiglas handles are dishwasher safe because all our Plexiglas handles undergo a special stabilization process which makes them dishwasher safe. Produced with high quality cutting steel, they can be put in the dishwasher only in the Plexiglas handle version, but it is good to be informed about the possible consequences:
1. the dishwasher causes any object washed in it to age quickly.
2. the more quality cutting steels are, the less stainless they are.
3. the blades may be stained with small reddish spots or large bluish halos:
to. if left to drain or dry in the dishwasher
b. if left dirty for a long time after use
c. if the washing water is rich in iron
4. good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the secret to keeping your knives at their best.
5. Hand washing and immediate drying are MANDATORY for knives with handles in horn, wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with aggressive detergents or water at temperatures above 60 ° C.
- blade 11.2 cm
- weight: 306 gr.
- stainless steel blade,
- handle: cornotech